Help me build a "Make Your Own Portfolio" Website

+8 Nikola Novakovic ·
Hey there! :)

Ok so the initial post was change and the idea behind this. I talked to @Eugene and he suggested somthing that I think it has great potential. It will be a website where people can make their own portfolio. So basically Sam that loves ham, and is a designer , goes to our website, makes a profile, clicks a few buttons, and there he has an awesome portfolio which he can share to everyone. Isn't that awesome ?

This is awesome because I would like to get out of my comfort zone, I try to do that as much as possible, and learn something that I am not so good at.For example to build a back-end in Ruby On Rails. I would LOVE to see that and how it is glued into a nice looking website. Pure basics of Ruby are familiar and oop Ruby, but to have someone actually go and do the entire websites back-end in Ruby , with me learning and contributing to that code, would be pretty cool.It does not have to be Ruby, it can be ASP.NET or whatever :) Nobody should be afraid of not knowing something :)

Any thoughts ? Someone wants to join ?;)

Replies - Page 1

+3 wheatley the gallant ·
I would love to join. I am good with HTML, CSS, Javascript, and ASP.NET. The website idea sounds awesome, and I have never done something like that before, so it would be a great learning experience.:)
+1 Brandon Elliott ·
Sounds cool and has potential. I'm not familiar with Ruby or ASP.net however I can help with design, testing, and suggestions :D
+2 Nikola Novakovic ·
Awesome to have you in here mate! :)Hopefully a few more people can join and we can have a skype call or something on this.

I was really thinking that the website should be done in ASP.NET , I really don't know it, but I am planning to learn it really soon so there is my chance. Also if someone knows Ruby or some other language, let us know and we can discuss in which one should be done.
+1 Nikola Novakovic ·
Awesome to have you here Brandon ;)
+2 Eugene Botma ·
I'll gladly help out whenever I have the time to do so. Think it could be quite interesting, and would be a good dip in the deep side of the pool for some newer programmers.
+2 Bob Maylie ·
I'd like to contribute.
+2 Nikola Novakovic ·
Totally agreed with Eugene. For any starters out there, this will be like throwing in a jatpack in GTA San Andreas and flying over from one point to another. ;)

Ok so I think its time now to actually have a skype or g+ or whatever meeting and discuss all of this.
Skype id nikola.novakovic6 if we are going for that one.
+2 Bob Maylie ·
I think Skype may cost money for a subscription. What do you guys think about google hangouts group conference ?
+3 Eugene Botma ·
I think that having a boat load of people on a conference call is not really going to get us anywhere with the designs of the program. I think what would work better would be to set up a forum somewhere with privileged access. This way all communication is on record and can be reviewed later. This will also make it easier to post and view things like UMLs for class and DB design, as well as mockups of the pages etc.

Edit: we could also have a IRC channel or something for a faster way of communication
+2 Nikola Novakovic ·
That is actually a really good idea Eugene. I totally agree. Where do you think we could set up private forum ?
1 - 0 of 60
Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

General Chat

64,546 followers

About

Chat about anything non-computer related including, music, movies, tuna sandwiches, and more!

Links

Moderators

Bucky Roberts
Administrator

Search this forum